Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blow Bubbles Anyone...?

Blowing Bubbles Technique -painted paper backgrounds with dish soap

I was wanting to explore a little...
and create some interesting looking paper backgrounds.
I have used in the past 
dripping, 
splattering, 
and 
blowing techniques 
to create textured paper.
Today...
 I wanted to take a different approach.
Blowing Bubbles
Now this was a whole of fun!
Who doesn't like blowing bubbles?
2 parts liquid dish soap / 1 part (warm) water
Add acrylic ink
(10 droplets- more the deeper the color)
Stir mixture.
Use a flexible drinking straw and blow until bubbles reach over top of glass.
Press paper over top.
Continue process.


Have fun...
and go blow some bubbles today.
Happy Tuesday!






10 comments:

  1. How fun! Definitely have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun! This is a MUST do for my list! Thanks for sharing, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing results!! I will definitely have to try this. It would be fun for kids too, but not ones as little as mine. (I can't even imagine the MESS they would manage!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what amazing texture - very cool! thanks for sharing...will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I'll be making it a part of my experimentation/exploration - and I've posted a link on my FB page too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent idea, I must try this on the weekend! Your end result is gorgeous♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're so beautiful, April! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very fun! I'll have to try that with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gush!!! i totally want to try this. it's gorgeous! and super fun looking.

    ReplyDelete